Franchise is a lucrative business model and there are thousands of brands operating through franchises and are reaping dividends. The article lists down the top ten global franchises and surprisingly, there are some unexpected names in the list as well!
You might have already shared eye on blog posts and articles describing the multifarious benefits of owning a franchise, so in this article we have decided to break and stereotype and share the names of the top ten franchises in the globe. The list has been prepared on the basis of ranking released by Entrepreneur Magazine's Franchise 500. Essentially, the ranking was awarded on certain objective criterion which included size of the franchise, growth and financial strength and stability.
10. Hardee's-Hardee's was opened by Wilber Hardee in Greenville, North Carolina, in 1960 and the first its franchise started in 1962. Hardee's restaurants serve chickens, burgers and biscuits and have since spread throughout the Midwestern and Southeastern U.S. The total franchise count of Hardee's counts 1995.
9. Super 8-Super 8 began franchising in 1976 and the motel chain has grown throughout the United States and Canada. Super 8 hasits presence in more than 2,436 locations, making it ranked at number 9.
8. KFC Corp.-KFC was founded by Harland Sanders, a colorful figure who began selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky, during the Great Depression. KFC soon went on to become one of the first fast food chains to expand internationally, opening outlets in England, Mexico and Jamaica by the mid-1960s. As of 2014 survey, KFC has 18,875 stores all over the world.
7. Anytime Fitness- Anytime Fitness is a health and fitness club which was founded in 2002. The club went on to business expansion spree through franchising and operand their 1000th club in 2009. Currently, there are over 2600 clubs worldwide with 1.9 million members.
6. Baskin-Robbins- Baskin-Robbins began franchising in 1948, and it has its presence in more than 50 countries, each serving the company's famous 31 flavors of ice cream, as well as frozen yogurt, sherbet, cakes and drinks.Total store count as of 2014 survey is 7,412.
5. McDonalds-The world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, McDonalds began franchising in 1955. McDonalds serves around 68 million customers daily in 119 countries. McDonald's operates 35,683 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 1.7 million people.
4. Subway is one of the fastest growing franchises in the world with 42,227 restaurants in 101 countries and territories. It is the largest single-brand restaurant chain and the largest restaurant operator globally.Subway's first franchise was founded in 1974.
3. Midas Int'l. Corp.-In 1956, Nate Sherman opened the first Midas muffler repair shop in Macon, Georgia, with a promise of "for as long as you own your car." Since then, Midas has expanded to offer repair and maintenance services on shock absorbers, brakes, tires, batteries, radiators, and heating and cooling systems.As of survey, Midas Int'l. Corp has its presence in 2,282 locations.
2. Pizza Hut-A subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Pizza Hut is the world's largest restaurant company. The brand began franchising in 1959 and as of 2014,Pizza Hut restaurants operate in 14,967 locations around the globe.
1. 7-Eleven Inc.-So here it is€¦ it's neither McDonalds nor KFC, it's 7-Eleven, the world's largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores with more than 53,000 outlets. The number of 7-Eleven outlets has surpassed the previous record-holder, McDonald's Corporation by a huge margin.
The brands listed in this article are based on the rankings of Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 magazine and does not intend to endorse, advertise or recommend any particular brand or its franchise.
Read through the pages of your mind.
Source: Presto Wonders @GoArticles